As a self-care and wellness expert; I am consistently helping my clients get back their energy. The fatigue leaves their body feeling heavier and their brain feeling unfocused. Furthermore, the technology of the 21st century makes it difficult to turn off our minds and restore.
Women tend to ignore signals from their body such as hunger and pain and keep pushing through until their body says enough! Yet, women have a lot on their plate and cleaning the plate clean is just not realistic.
What is a woman to do? Since we are a society in chronic adrenal fatigue; I would suggest getting tested but in the meantime follow these 10 tips to increasing your energy:
- Pay Attention: As soon as you are hungry; eat and stop when you feel satisfied as opposed to stuffed.
- Eat more dark leafy greens: Broccoli, Kale, Spinach and Collard Greens, improve circulation, purify blood, lift your spirits and reinforce immunity.
- Eat According to the Rhythm of the Sun: Our metabolism mimics the movement of the sun. Eat a wholesome breakfast, a big lunch and a smaller dinner.
- Sleep: Our bodies are restored and repaired when we get our zzzz’s. For quality sleep turn off the television and the lights along with your cell phones and ipad and make sure your mattress and pillows hug your body.
- Take a break: Have you ever noticed that you lose some steam around 2 or 3 in the afternoon and as a result you grab the sugar or caffeine. That slump is simply your body needing a break. When you feel that slump sit and relax for 15 minutes. Read something inspirational, close your eyes or just breathe.
- Gently Reduce Caffeine: Caffeine is an addictive substance and going cold turkey will lead to withdrawals. Instead cut your caffeine consumption slowly until you no longer need it. Caffeine is deceptive because it increases your heart rate but it also dehydrates, and puts your blood sugar on a roller coaster.
- Put those draining relationships in their place: see if you can transform these relationships by communicating and setting boundaries.
- Get Moving: a brisk walk after lunch will increase your metabolism, your energy and your focus.
- Break up with Sugar: sugar & artificial sweeteners is not only toxic and addicting; it also destroys your energy and your health. Replace sugar with stevia, brown rice syrup or maple syrup.
- Drink Your H20: Americans are chronically dehydrated. Instead of going to caffeine or sugar when you feel drained; drink a glass of water.
Tackling all 10 of these tips will overwhelm you which will leave you even more tired. Instead, pick on and work on it for a week and then add another and work on it a week. That way you are slowly creating new habits without having overhauling your whole lifestyle.
Maureen Wielansky helps works with enterprising women who are sabotaging their success by not taking care of themselves. She uses her 9 Step Indulge Yourself System to customize a plan that works with her clients’ unique body chemistries and lifestyle. Are you ready to stop the self-sabotage and enjoy a live full of energy, health and vitality? Then visit http://www.myknockoutbody.com and download your Knock Out Body Restaurant Guide: How to be lean even when you eat out 21 times a week. You can contact Maureen at http://www.makingitallfit.com/contact.