Isles and isles of Easter candy and toys in Salt Lake City stores are ready to fill kids baskets. You’ll find toys to match your kids interests and favorite characters; things they’ll enjoy long after Easter is over. Here are 8 ideas (Easter being on March 8th) to get you started on finding the perfect basket stuffers.
- Build a Bear Workshop is ever increasing in popularity and for good reason! They have an entire selection based around Easter. Bunnies, chicks, bears, clothings and accessories that are so fun to choose from. Shop at the Gateway, 25 South Rio Grande Street, Salt Lake City, UT 84101.
- 2012 Webkinz Lamb/ Rabbit: The special Easter Webkinz this year include a Webkinz Dreamy Sheep and Webkinz Rabbit. Each comes in a festive Easter basket of their own. These animals are sold in Salt Lake at Barnes and Nobel or online at Amazon.com.
- Little People Easter Toys: Fisher Price Little People has a line of fun Easter toys, including Easter Surprise, Easter Train, Easter Egg Hunt, Easter baskets, and Easter vehicles. These toys can be ordered from FisherPrice.com or Amazon.com.
- Littlest Petshop Spring Eggs: Sold in a pack of two or six, these Easter friends are sold inside of pastel colored eggs. Check your local Walmart, Toys R Us, K Mart or Target for availability.
- Easter Peeps: You can’t go wrong with their selection of bunny and chick shaped Easter baskets and candy. You can order their products directly from Peeps and Company, or find a selection of candy in your local stores, such as Target or Walmart.
- Playdough Eggs: Whether you purchase the Playdough brand or make your own playdough to fill plastic eggs, dough provides a fun Easter activity. Pair it with some Easter-shaped cookie cutters for added fun.
- Easter-Themed Books: Several local stores will sell Easter books and coloring books for Easter. Your child will have fun reading Easter stories and coloring the Easter bunny.
- Think Spring: With the mild Utah weather this year, Easter is a great time to get a few fun outdoor activities for your kids. A jumprope, side-walk chalk, hoola-hoop, bubbles, or watergun are sure to be enjoyed for outdoor playtime.
You can find more articles from this Examiner on Facebook at Utah Family Life and her About Me page. Subscribe to receive email updates of Debi’s latest articles by clicking the “Subscribe” link above.