There’s a busy couple of months coming up at Utica Public Library. Check out these great events, and get ready because the Summer Reading Program is almost here! The Summer Reading Program begins on June 25! More information to come!
For events that require registration, you can register online or call 315-735-2279.
Utica Public Library
303 Genesee Street
Utica, NY 13501
*Note: The Library will be closed on May 28 for Memorial Day, and beginning June 3, the Library will be closed on Sundays.
- Free Comic Book Day! Saturday, May 5, 10:30am-2:00pm (or until supplies last). Ages 6-18. Stop in the Children’s Room for a Free Comic Book! Be sure to also check out Ravenswood Comics for events all day!
- World Refugee Day! Saturday, June 16, 10:30-1:30. Celebrate the diversity of world cultures at the Library. 10:30am: Storytime, 11:00-12:30: Activities, games & crafts, 12:30: Stories and folktales from around the world with storyteller Lonna Pierce! World Refugee Day programs are provided in conjunction with the Mohawk Valley Resource Center for Refugees.
- 2012 Summer Reading Program! Monday, June 25. The annual Summer Reading Program at the Utica Public Library begins Monday, June 25. Come sign-up! More information about the many exciting and fun programs and events to come! Sponsored by the M&T Bank / Partners Trust Bank Charitable Fund, a donor-advised fund of the Community Foundation of Herkimer & Oneida Counties, Inc.
- Rise and Shine! It’s Storytime! Tuesdays, 10:30am. Ages 3-6. Stories, songs and fingerplays.
- Pajama Storytime. Tuesdays, 6:30pm. Ages 3-6. Stories, songs and fingerplays.
- Ready, Set, Read! Wednesdays in May, 10:30am. Ages 3-7. Stories and fun.
- Baby and Me Storytime. Fridays, 11:00am. Newborns to 24 months with caregiver. Your baby will enjoy stories and songs.
- Rhyme Time! Wednesdays, June 6-20, 10:30am. Ages 2-6. Nursery rhymes and fun!
- Down in the Garden. Saturday, May 19, 10:30am. Ages 3-6. Registration required. Gardening stories, songs, fingerplays and crafts.
- Berries, Berries. Saturday, June 23, 10:30am. Ages 3-6. Registration required. Berry-licious stories, songs, fingerplays and crafts.
- Playing with Books! Saturdays, May 26 at 2:30pm & June 30 at 10:30am. Registration required. Parents & caregivers bring your children ages 3-5 to listen to fun stories and play fun games, that you will be able to learn and use at home!
- LEGO Club. Tuesdays, May 15 and June 12, 3:00pm. Ages 8-15. Come build something! Please do not bring your own LEGOs.
- Magic: the Gathering Club. Wednesdays, 3:00pm, May 2 – June20. Ages 11+. Come play Magic: the Gathering.
- Tabletop Gaming. Thursdays, 3:00pm, May 3 – June 21. Ages 11+. Come play a variety of games, including Ascension, Dominion, Zombies!!!, and more!
- Video Gaming. Friday, May 18 & June 8, 3:00pm. Ages 11-18. Come have fun playing video games!
- Magic: the Gathering Tournament. Saturday, May 19, 12:30pm. Ages 11+. FREE! MODERN FORMAT! Bring your Modern Deck and play for fun and prizes! More information about Magic: the Gathering. More information about Modern Format.
- May Bingo. Thursday, May 24, 3:30pm. Ages 8-14. Registration required. Come have fun and win stuff!
- Retro Gaming. Fridays, June 1, 15, 29, 6:00pm. Ages 11-18. Come play classic video games and try out old school systems!
- Mother’s Day Card Craft. Saturday, May 5, 10:30am. Make a card for your Mother or Grandmother. Ages 8-13. Registration required.
- Origami: Paper Flowers. Sunday, May 6, 2:00pm. Ages 9-18. Come fold a bouqet of paper flowers for Spring! Registration required.
- Sun Catchers. Tuesday, May 8, 4:00pm. Ages 6-11. Pierce paper with pins to make a beautiful sun catcher. Registration required.
- Bead It! Sundays, May 13 & 27, 2:00pm. Ages 6-13. Come make a bracelet, necklace, or keychain! Registration required.
- Calligraphy. Sunday, May 20, 2:00pm. Ages 9-18. Learn to write with the art of fancy lettering. Registration required.
- Folding Boxes. Tuesday, May 5, 4:00pm. Ages 6-11. Cut, decorate and fold paper to make a small keepsake box. Regsitration required.
- Teen Anime Club. Thursdays, June 14 & 28, 5:30pm. Ages 14-18. Come watch and discover the different genres of Japanese animation!