Attention San Francisco Bay Area artists! The 29th Annual IASD Dream Conference “Sailing on the Sea of Dreams,”which will be held in Berkeley, California from June 15 – July 15, 2012 is now accepting original art work about or inspired by dreams.
Two juried exhibitions of dream-related works will be displayed in conjunction with the conference: One at the Doubletree Hotel at the Berkeley Marina, Berkeley, California, June 22 – June 26, 2012, PLUS another at the aMFa Art Gallery, Berkeley, California. The aMFa Gallery will host a Dream Art Exhibition in partnership with IASD from June 15 – July 15, 2012.
Eligibility:Original art work about or inspired by NIGHT DREAMS – in the wide sense of this interpretation – created by IASD members and/or conference attendees and/or artists residing in the Bay area. Note: You do not need to be a member of IASD to participate in the Dream Art Exhibition. (A night dream related text is required for each art submission piece.)
Media: All two-dimensional and multi-dimensional media will be considered, including painting, drawing, collage, sculpture, video, and installation art.
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: March 23, 2012
(until midnight Pacific US time)
The exhibition will be curated by:
• Allison McCrady (U.S.) aMFa Art Gallery, owner and Artist
• Kim Vergil (Canada), Chair IASD Arts Committee, Artist
• Richard Russo (U.S.) Editor of DreamTime, Photographer and past IASD Arts Chair
• Laurette Dupuis (Canada), IASD Arts Committee member
• Betsy Davids (U.S.) Artist, California College of the Arts
Criteria considered by the jury in reviewing entries for the exhibition will include:
• Quality (we are looking for professional quality art works)
• Connection to dreams or dreaming
• Completeness and quality of supporting documents (incomplete documentation or vague, unclear statements may disqualify an entry. We need a completed entry form, and we need to know how your work is dream-related, how big it is, what the medium is, etc.)
• Quality of digital files. (Out of focus, poorly composed or difficult to see images will be rejected.)
All work accepted for the show will be added to the IASD online dream art galleries, unless you specifically request that we not do so. Artists whose work is accepted will be required to provide printed versions of their artist statements and biographies, as well as high resolution printed documents of images and dream text for the gallery catalogue upon delivery. Detailed instructions will be included with the acceptance notices.
Nancy Richter Brzeski Dream Art Awards
Thanks to the generous support of Nancy Richter Brzeski, several thousand dollars in prizes will be awarded.
• Winners will be chosen from among the artists whose work is accepted for the show, unless they specifically ask to have their names withdrawn.
• For consideration for these awards, in addition to the required documentation for the show, artists’ statements must include the dream or the significant part of the dream that inspired the art.
• The award winners will be chosen by a special panel consisting of Kim Vergil, Nancy Richter Brzeski and one bay area artist still to be determined.
• Criteria for selection will be originality, integrity, universality, and relevance to night dreams and dreaming.
• Winners will be announced at the art reception to be held at the Doubletree Hotel on Sunday, June 24, during the IASD conference.
There is a exhibition submission fee of 35 $US per Artist. This fee is included in conference fees for Artists who have registered for the conference. Conference registration is not required for the art submission, but if you wish to register for the conference, go to http://asdreams.org/2012/registration.html
Your Art Submission fee must be paid online directly at http://2012artexhibit.kintera.org/
For more information: Check the IASD web site http://www.asdreams.org