The best place for breakfast on Maui is the Gazebo in Napili!
On the west side of Maui at the Napili Shores resort is the Gazebo, recognized by most locals as the best place on Maui to have breakfast. With low prices and fabulous breakfast and lunch menu items, I completely agree with the well-known reputation of the Gazebo.
I particularly enjoy the Mac Nut pancakes, with a foamy sauce (almost like whip cream) on top of the plate-size pancakes. The breakfast fried rice is very good, too, but make sure you get the “mini” version. The larger version is enough to feed a family of four, and it’s filled with bacon, sausage, eggs, and other typical breakfast meats.
Lunch items are just as good as the breakfast, with the club sandwich being my favorite. They are only open from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. and there is always a long waiting line. But if you’re staying for a few days on Maui, the Gazebo is a “must stop” restaurant.
I suggest you go for breakfast, as they have all the “typical” breakfast items of eggs and breakfast meats, huge omelets, and french toast. But it’s the pancakes and coconut syrup that brings visitors to Maui back to the Gazebo time-and-time again.
- Don’t stress. There will be a line no matter what time you get there. While the place looks small, the very experienced staff clearly knows how to turn the tables quickly.
- Enjoy the view. While standing in line, you’ll have a world-class view of several other Hawaiian islands and during whale season there will be great views of Humpback Whales just off-shore.
- Free coffee is provided for those waiting in line. And there is a small gift shop for women who like to shop for Hawaiian gifts.
- The incredibly beautiful Napili Bay is next to the Gazebo. You can see it out the windows while dining at the restaurant. Make sure you have your camera.
- Have a late breakfast and then spend the late morning at Napili Bay. It’s one of Maui’s best snorkel spots and is also a nice beach for families with children of all ages.
- Or snorkel in the morning and have lunch at the Gazebo. While there are many menu items for lunch, it’s breakfast that has made the Gazebo famous.
- Portions are huge, so you might want to consider sharing an order of pancakes or splitting your meal with someone so you can taste several dishes.
Directions. The Gazebo is located in the community of Napili, north of Lahaina Town and Kaanapali and just south of the community of Kapalua. Take Hwy. 30 north and then turn left at the traffic light at Napilhau Street. Go half a mile and you will dead-end at Lower Honoapiilani Road. Take a right.
The Napili Shores resort is just over a mile on your left, and it’s easy to see the sign for the resort. There is a side street just past the resort where you can park, or you can go through the resort parking lot to several signs for Gazebo parking.
Note: The Gazebo has no web site and they do not advertise. They don’t need any more business. But ask around where you are staying, as everyone knows about the Gazebo.
5315 Lower Honoapiilani Road
Lahaina, HI 96761
Tripadvisor Review: www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60634-d404362-Reviews-Gazebo_Rest…
Hawaii Travel & Delicious Homemade Food!
The Hawaiian islands of Oahu, Maui, and The Big Island are the most visited Hawaiian islands, and Waikiki is one of the most famous beaches. Also, Honolulu airport is the “gateway” to Southeast Asia and Bangkok, Thailand is one of the most visited cities in the world.
Love Delicious Homemade Food? Check-out the “Homemade Gurus” at Homemade Pizza and Homemade Mexican food. They have delicious recipes.
Top 10 Maui Restaurants.
- Mama’s Fish House is one of the most well-known restaurants on Maui.
- In Lahaina Town, try Lahaina Grill. It’s one of the best restaurants on Maui.
- Merriman’s Hawaiian Restaurant in Kapalua has won many awards for outstanding food.
- The Pineapple Grill in Kapalua is a popular, upscale restaurant popular with locals and tourists alike.
- On the west side of Maui, try Star Noodle. It’s one of the most popular restaurants on the island.
- The Plantation House in Kapalua offers an excellent fine dining experience.
- Sarento’s On The Beach in the Kihei area of Maui is always recognized for outstanding food and service.
- Hali’ imaile General Store has pleased customers since opening in 1988 with its upcountry location.
- Japengo At The Maui Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa is a recent addition to the Top 10 Restaurants on Maui.
- Roy’s in Ka’anapali has consistently been one of the top restaurants on Maui, Hawaii.
Maui’s Top Attractions.
- Haleakala National Park lets you visit one of the most rare sights in the world at over 32,000 feet.
- The Road To Hana takes a full day but is one of the most famous drives in the world.
- One of the wettest and most beautiful valleys on all the Hawaiian islands is at Iao Valley.
- Visit 7 Sacred Pools (Ohe’o Gulch) past Hana on the far windward side of Maui.
- A “must-see” beach is Big Beach at Makena State Park on the southwest side of Maui, Hawaii.
- Lahaina Town & Banyan Tree on the west side of Maui is a historic whaling town with much to see.
- Stroll through gardens with over 45 varieties of lavender at the Ali’i Kula Lavender Farm.
- One of Maui’s top-rated family attractions in the Maui Ocean Center.
- Maui Tropical Plantation offers rides through a tropical plantation and has a fun zipline.
- The Sugar Museum is located on Hawaii’s largest working sugar factory.
- Tedeschi Winery produces wine from Maui-grown grapes at the Ulupalakua Ranch.
- Surfing Goat Dairy has world-class cheese made upcountry in a unique setting.
Maui’s Top Activities.
- See a unique perspective of Maui with a zipline adventure with Piiholo Ranch Adventures and Skyline Eco Adventures.
- See Molokini or the remote stretches of the Kanaio Coast with Red Line Rafting.
- Atlantis Submarines offers you the only underwater tour adventure on Maui that the whole family can enjoy.
- To rent snorkel equipment on Maui, go to Snorkel Bob’s or Boss Frog’s.
- Want to see another Hawaiian island? Go with Expeditions to the island of Lanai.
- There’s nothing like seeing Maui from a helicopter and Blue Hawaiian may be the best of Maui.
- Looking to jet ski? Jet Ski Maui is a seasonal activity but is a lot of fun even for beginners.
- Sunset dining on Maui gives you an unforgettable experience, and the Maui Princess is the boat to be on.
- Want to parasail while on Maui? UFO Parasail on Kaanapali Beach has been doing it longer than anyone.
- Bike down the Haleakala volcano for an amazing experience with Haleakala Bike Company.
- Trilogy offers one of the best excursions on Maui with several different daily tours.
- Enjoy The Road To Hana in a luxury vehicle with The Maui Touring Company.
- Go with the whale experts at Pacific Whale Foundation. They offer a wide variety of daily excursions.
- Wanting to go horseback riding on Maui? Go with Pony Express Tours for the best experience.
- Go sportfishing out of Lahaina Harbor with Start Me Up.
- Captain Steve’s Rafting Adventures is the top dolphin and whale tour company on Maui.
- Warren and Annabelle’s magic show is one of the best entertainment values on Maui.
- For the best luau on Maui, go to the Old Lahaina Luau in Lahaina Town on the west side of Maui.