Cool Cat Cafe has the best burger on Maui, Hawaii
For more than five years, the Cool Cat Cafe on the west side of Maui has been given the “best burger on Maui” award by several local publications.
The Cool Cat Cafe is known by locals and tourists alike as having the best burger and best cheeseburger along with fries and onion rings on Maui. There are numerous burgers on the menu and they all have a “diner-like” name – such as the Peggy Sue or The Duke.
I prefer The Duke burger and always ask for the “special” house barbeque sauce. They’ll think you’re a local and it comes with an onion ring on top (see picture) and a slice of pineapple. Their combination of french fries and onion rings are also a must-have menu item. They are called “Frings”.
The Cool Cat Cafe also has other menu items, like fish and chicken sandwiches, large salads, and several local-style dishes like chili and rice. There’s live entertainment most nights, and the weekends will find the restaurant packed with both locals and visitors to Maui, along with a lively late crowd listening to music.
- There’s often a wait, so get there before 7 P.M. The bar area is large and seats a lot of people, so if you want quicker service and have a small group you might want to sit at the bar.
- It’s located across the street from the famous Banyan tree on Front Street. If you get a table, try and sit along the railing and watch the people strolling up and down Front Street while you eat your burgers.
- Get a coupon at any of the tourist locations along Front Street for a free root beer float. They are easy to get with no cost, and you’ll enjoy a free float for dessert.
- Don’t sit too close to the band, as they often get a bit loud as the evening progresses. The band is always situated toward the stairway in the main dining room.
- The burgers are large and topped high, so think about splitting a burger and frings.
The Cool Cat Cafe is located across the street from the Banyan Tree on Front Street in Lahaina Town on the west side of Maui, Hawaii. I suggest you take Dickenson Street off of Hwy. 30 toward the ocean and Front Street, and look for paid parking just past the first stop sign. There will be paid parking on both sides of the street as you approach Front Street.
Walk past the Baldwin Museum and look for the Wharf Center, known for having several other good restaurants and lots of local shopping outlets. It’s easy to find and there is parking on the other side of the shopping center from Front Street.
It’s a great place to take a family with small children or if you’re with a large group, as it’s noisy and has open-air seating that is very casual. The prices are very reasonable considering the higher prices you’ll see along Front Street, and it’s truly the best burger on Maui.
Cool Cat Cafe
658 Front Street
Lahaina, HI 96761
Hawaii Travel & Delicious Homemade Food!
The Hawaiian islands of Oahu, Maui, and The Big Island are the most visited Hawaiian islands, and Waikiki is one of the most famous beaches. Also, Honolulu airport is the “gateway” to Southeast Asia and Bangkok, Thailand is one of the most visited cities in the world.
Love Delicious Homemade Food? Check-out the “Homemade Gurus” at Homemade Pizza and Homemade Mexican food. They have delicious recipes.
Top 10 Maui Restaurants.
- Mama’s Fish House is one of the most well-known restaurants on Maui.
- In Lahaina Town, try Lahaina Grill. It’s one of the best restaurants on Maui.
- Merriman’s Hawaiian Restaurant in Kapalua has won many awards for outstanding food.
- The Pineapple Grill in Kapalua is a popular, upscale restaurant popular with locals and tourists alike.
- On the west side of Maui, try Star Noodle. It’s one of the most popular restaurants on the island.
- The Plantation House in Kapalua offers an excellent fine dining experience.
- Sarento’s On The Beach in the Kihei area of Maui is always recognized for outstanding food and service.
- Hali’ imaile General Store has pleased customers since opening in 1988 with its upcountry location.
- Japengo At The Maui Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa is a recent addition to the Top 10 Restaurants on Maui.
- Roy’s in Ka’anapali has consistently been one of the top restaurants on Maui, Hawaii.
Maui’s Top Attractions.
- Haleakala National Park lets you visit one of the most rare sights in the world at over 32,000 feet.
- The Road To Hana takes a full day but is one of the most famous drives in the world.
- One of the wettest and most beautiful valleys on all the Hawaiian islands is at Iao Valley.
- Visit 7 Sacred Pools (Ohe’o Gulch) past Hana on the far windward side of Maui.
- A “must-see” beach is Big Beach at Makena State Park on the southwest side of Maui, Hawaii.
- Lahaina Town & Banyan Tree on the west side of Maui is a historic whaling town with much to see.
- Stroll through gardens with over 45 varieties of lavender at the Ali’i Kula Lavender Farm.
- One of Maui’s top-rated family attractions in the Maui Ocean Center.
- Maui Tropical Plantation offers rides through a tropical plantation and has a fun zipline.
- The Sugar Museum is located on Hawaii’s largest working sugar factory.
- Tedeschi Winery produces wine from Maui-grown grapes at the Ulupalakua Ranch.
- Surfing Goat Dairy has world-class cheese made upcountry in a unique setting.
Maui’s Top Activities.
- See a unique perspective of Maui with a zipline adventure with Piiholo Ranch Adventures and Skyline Eco Adventures.
- See Molokini or the remote stretches of the Kanaio Coast with Red Line Rafting.
- Atlantis Submarines offers you the only underwater tour adventure on Maui that the whole family can enjoy.
- To rent snorkel equipment on Maui, go to Snorkel Bob’s or Boss Frog’s.
- Want to see another Hawaiian island? Go with Expeditions to the island of Lanai.
- There’s nothing like seeing Maui from a helicopter and Blue Hawaiian may be the best of Maui.
- Looking to jet ski? Jet Ski Maui is a seasonal activity but is a lot of fun even for beginners.
- Sunset dining on Maui gives you an unforgettable experience, and the Maui Princess is the boat to be on.
- Want to parasail while on Maui? UFO Parasail on Kaanapali Beach has been doing it longer than anyone.
- Bike down the Haleakala volcano for an amazing experience with Haleakala Bike Company.
- Trilogy offers one of the best excursions on Maui with several different daily tours.
- Enjoy The Road To Hana in a luxury vehicle with The Maui Touring Company.
- Go with the whale experts at Pacific Whale Foundation. They offer a wide variety of daily excursions.
- Wanting to go horseback riding on Maui? Go with Pony Express Tours for the best experience.
- Go sportfishing out of Lahaina Harbor with Start Me Up.
- Captain Steve’s Rafting Adventures is the top dolphin and whale tour company on Maui.
- Warren and Annabelle’s magic show is one of the best entertainment values on Maui.
- For the best luau on Maui, go to the Old Lahaina Luau in Lahaina Town on the west side of Maui.
BONUS – Free Hula Shows!
At The Lahaina Cannery Mall on the west side of Maui, there are free hula shows. The Polynesian Dancers perform at 7 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday. The Keiki Hula Show (children performing) is at 1 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
Maui’s Best Luau!
While visiting Maui or any of the islands of Hawaii. a luau is a must. Learn a few things about a luau before you go, and here’s a list of popular luaus to consider:
- One of the most popular and highly-rated luaus is the Old Lahaina Luau on the west side of Maui.
- The Feast At Lele is an oceanfront luau at 505 Front Street in Lahaina Town.
- The best family luau is the Kaanapali Beach Luau.
- Staying in Wailea? Consider the Wailea Marriott Luau and The Grand Wailea Luau.
- In the Kaanapali Resort Area, both the Sheraton and the Hyatt offer a good luau experience.
Enjoy The Drive To Hana – www.roadtohana.com