Fans of The Biggest Loser are already buzzing that trainer Dolvett Quince will host SELF Magazine’s Workout in the Park when it comes to San Francisco, May 5, 2012.
The popular trainer is not the only name that’s exciting fans. Dancing With the Stars coach Louis Van Amstel will also be on hand to lead the group through his LaBlast workout.
The 19-year-old event expanded to San Francisco last year where it was an immediate hit with Bay Area women. This year the fitness fest will take over Little Marina Green from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. It is held in New York on May 12 and in Chicago on June 2.
Workouts include some of the hottest fitness trends, including:
- Fly Girls – 90s pop hits with easy-to-follow dance routines.
- POUND Rockout Workout – Fuse pilates-inspired movement that uses Ripstix, (weighted drumsticks) to work the core, upper, and lower body.
- Hippie Yoga -Yoga that focuses on opening up the hips
Tickets are $20 in advance and include admission, a one-year subscription to SELF Magazine, classes from CRUNCH gym, beauty and fashion consultations, nutritional know-how, and tons of freebies. Attendees also get a SELF gift bag to fill with samples and goodies.
WHAT: SELF Magazine Workout in the Park
- San Francisco (Little Marina Green): May 5, 2012
- New York (Rumsey Playfield, Central Park): May 12, 2012
- Chicago (Butler Field, Grant Park): June 2, 2012
WHEN: 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., rain or shine
HOW: $20 tickets can be purchased in advance at www.SELFWorkoutinthePark.com
In honor of the event, SELF Magazine will make a donation to participating charities, Cancer and Careers and The Conservation Fund.