The super-sized Duggar family from 19 Kids and Counting was featured this morning on the Today Show. NBC reporter Savannah Guthrie was invited into the Duggar home to get an insider’s peek at how Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar run such a large household on a daily basis.
During this morning’s interview, the Duggar family from 19 Kids and Counting revealed some interesting tidbits like…
- Michelle was 17 and Jim Bob was 19 when they married.
- The Duggars built their own home. It was originally planned as a one-year project, but was completed in four years.
- Their house has nine bathrooms, four bedrooms and one super-sized family closet.
- The Duggars do 35 loads of laundry per week.
- A barbecue tuna sandwich is Jim Bob’s favorite lunch.
- The Duggars spend about $3,000 per month on groceries.
- To get from place to place, the Duggars own five SUVs, two cars, one van and one bus.
- The Duggars go through 48 boxes of cereal per month.
- Jedidiah and Jeremiah are often in charge of cleaning dishes.
The Today Show also posted a typical Duggar shopping list for one day that included 3 dozen eggs, 5 pounds of turkey bacon, 20 biscuits, 10 oranges, 4 pounds of grapes, 3 loaves of whole wheat bread, 4 pounds of sloppy joe meat, 3 pounds of green beans, 3 pounds of potatoes, 2 watermelons, 2 family-size bags of lettuce, 4 pounds of spaghetti noodles, 3 loaves of French bread, 2 pans of brownies, and 1 gallon of vanilla ice cream.
Concerning her super-sized family, Michelle Duggar said, “Yes, we have 19 children and we wouldn’t have it any other way.” Savannah Guthrie thanked the Duggars for their warm welcome. Jim Bob suggested that Savannah change her name to Javannah to fit in with their “J” names. Michelle added, “There’s always room for one more.” In the end, Guthrie exclaimed, “I don’t know how you do this every day. I’m exhausted!”
19 Kids and Counting is currently on hiatus, but be sure to check back here frequently for the latest news on your favorite family.
More about the Duggar family from 19 Kids & Counting:
The super-sized Duggar family includes mom Michelle, dad Jim Bob, plus children Joshua, Jana, John-David, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joy-Anna, Jeremiah, Jedidiah, Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, Johannah, Jennifer, Jordyn and Josie. The family resides completely debt-free in Arkansas and stars in a weekly reality TV series on TLC called 19 Kids & Counting.
Do you love the Duggars? Then sign up to get my articles personally delivered to your in-box. Just click on SUBSCRIBE, and you’ll stay up-to-the-minute with your favorite super-sized family.