Events in Eastern Washington for the upcoming weekend: April 27-29
- LIGO Observatory public tours. Friday, April 27 at 3pm. Laser Interferometer Gravitational-wave Observatory in the Columbia Basin is seeking to detect gravitational waves–ripples in the fabric of space-time as first predicted by Einstein. The public is invited to tour the facility twice a month–the fourth Friday at 3pm and the second Saturday at 1:30.
- Washington State Apple Blossom Festival in Wenatchee runs through May 6. There’s a carnival and food fair. The Youth Parade is Saturday, April 28 and Pepsi Youth Day is April 29. Click for a complete schedule of events.
- Spring Barrel Tasting–Yakima Valley Wines April 27-29. There are wineries offering lunches for purchase, live music, special events and after-hours events. Wineries throughout the Yakima Valley including Tri-Cities and Red Mountain areas.
- Washington State fishing season opens on lowland lakes on Saturday, April 28 for the biggest opening day of the year. Everyone over 15 needs a fishing license and if you’re on State-owned lands you’ll need a Discover Pass.
- Spokane Comicon Storytime at Aunties Bookstore, Saturday April 28, 11am. Comicon is just around the corner. They’re sponsoring storytime for kids at Aunties Bookstore and have goodies to take home.
- A Night to Remember, Music of the Titanic. Spokane Symphony at Martin Woldson Theater at the Fox. Saturday, April 28, 8pm. An exciting night of music from both the Titanic movie soundtrack and the White Star Liner songbook, from which the luxury liner’s orchestra played on that fateful cruise 100 years ago.
- Baby Fair 2012–Spokane Convention Center. April 29, 11am-4pm. Vendors, samples, contests, prizes and demos for expectant parents, parents of infants and toddlers, grandparents. Tickets are $5 at the door. Children 12 and under free.
- Continuing Exhibit: Spokane Valley Heritage Museum Titanic: 100 Years After the Tragedy, through June 30.
For continuing news and events for travelers in and around Eastern Washington, subscribe to my page by clicking the Subscribe button at the top of the page.
For events and links to live music venues in Leavenworth Washington, visit our page: Accidental Bavarian.