1.) Pick up a Challenge Card for NatureQuest (or download your own copy) to discover new ways of looking at things.
2.) Stop and smell the roses in the Robert L. Staton Memorial Rose Garden.
3.) Wildlife Rescue on exhibit through May 6, where visitors explore compelling stories, hands-on interactives, and multimedia encounters as they learn about endangered animals from around the world, the people helping them survive, and the science behind their efforts.
4.) The Star Gallery, a unique space featuring 542 stars.
5.) Georgia Natural is a 35 photograph gallery exhibition by Diane Kirkland of Georgia’s beautiful landscapes, on view thru April 29
6.) IMAX filmBorn to be Wild showing through May 18, is the heart-warming story of two extraordinary women who have devoted their lives to rescuing, rehabilitating and releasing orphaned orangutans and elephants.
7.) IMAX film The Greatest Places showing thru April 19, is an educational journey to seven of the most geographically dynamic locations on Earth; exploring spectacular land forms, diverse wildlife and native cultures. Ticket price: $11.77–$12.84, with discounted rates for members. See the website for additional information and to purchase tickets
8.) Planetarium Show: Fernbank Observatory, weather permitting, for up close and personal views of the night skies. Admission is freeThursdays and Fridays, 9:00 to 10:30 pm.
9.) While inFernbank NatureQuest, up a “Be a…” card to explore the exhibit thru the eyes of a marine biologist, archaeologist and more.
10. Get hands-on programming in the Naturalist Center. Become a fan on Facebook for daily updates as activities dates and time will vary.
11. The EGGstraordinary, Annual Dinosaur Egg Hunt on April 7.Activities include timed egg hunts, games with the Radio Disney AM590 Street Team, an inflatable slide, a walk-around dinosaur mascot and more.
Schedule of Events
All egg hunts will take place on the Front Lawn. Advance registration is required.
- 9:20 am: Ages 4 and under
- 9:55 am: Ages 5-8
- 10:30 am: Ages 4 and under
- 11:15 am: All ages “Family Hunt”
- 11:50 am: All ages “Family Hunt”
- 8:30 am: Museum and all exhibitions will open early. Be sure to check out the special exhibition, Wildlife Rescue.
- 9 am-1 pm: Enjoy games and giveaways from our friends at Radio Disney AM590.
- 9 am-3 pm: Slide through this whimsical alligator before you see its real-life counterparts in Fernbank NatureQuest. (Parental supervision required. Line closes at 2:30pm)
- 10 am-1 pm: Don’t miss special photo opportunities with a dinosaur mascot.
- 10 am-2 pm: Show your love of dinosaurs with whimsical (and washable) temporary dinosaur tattoos. (Line closes at 1:30pm)
- 10 am-2 pm: Have fun with a variety of fun games for kids of all ages in our “game corner.”
Dinosaur Egg Hunt Prices (Museum admission is included)*:
- Member child: $5
- Member adult: Free
- Non-member child (age 3-12): $20.50
- Non-member child (2 and under): $5
- Non-member adult: $17.50
(*Dinosaur Egg Hunt tickets are $5 for children in addition to regular Museum admission tickets. All children must be accompanied by an adult.)
To ensure a fun time for all, advance registration is required to participate in a timed egg hunt. Space is limited. Hop over to fernbankmuseum.org for ticket information and to register.
For additional details:
Fernbank Museum of Natural History, 767 Clifton Rd., NE, Atlanta
Fernbank Science Center, 156 Heaton Park Dr., Atlanta.