Traveling from Chicago to New Orleans for the Final Four? The city is not just hosting basketball games, but putting on a weekend full of festivities New Orleans style. From free concerts, to athletic skills competitions, to dribbling through the streets of New Orleans, to hunger satisfaction and the games themselves, here are some exciting fan events going on this weekend.
The Big Dance: Woldenberg Riverfront Park is hosting three evenings of free concerts, a basketball game viewing party, and closing-night fireworks March 30 – April 1.
Friday, March 30, 2012
- 4:30 p.m. – Vintage Trouble
- 6:15 p.m. – Cowboy Mouth
- 8:30 p.m. – Kiss
Saturday, March 31, 2012
- 11:45 a.m. – Funky Meters
- 1:30 p.m. – Blondie
- 3:15 p.m. – Black Keys
- 5:07 p.m. – Semi Final’s Viewing
Sunday, April 1, 2012
- 3:00 p.m. – Big Sam’s Funky Nation
- 4:30 p.m. – Dr. John
- 6:00 p.m. – Avett Brothers
- 8:00 p.m. – Jimmy Buffett
- 10:00 p.m. – Fireworks
Bracket Town: Taking place at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, Bracket Town offers fans a chance to meet legendary coaches and former college stars at autograph sessions, participate in athletic skills competitions, and sign up the kids for youth clinics. Tickets are $10.00 for adults and $6.00 for kids. Hours of operation are below:
- March 30, 2012: Noon – 8:00 p.m.
- March 31, 2012: 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- April 1, 2012: Noon – 8:00 p.m.
- April 2, 2012: Noon – 7:00 p.m.
Final Four Dribble: Dribble through the city of New Orleans at the Final Four Dribble starting at Championship Square and ending at Bracket Town. This event will take place on Sunday, April 1, 2012. Participants will receive a free t-shirt and basketball and will be able to get into Bracket Town for no charge. Schedule of Events below:
- 10:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. – Lowes Build and Grow Kids Clinic
- 11:30 a.m. – On-site registration and preregistered participants check-in at Champion Square.
- 2:00 p.m. – Tipoff for Final Four Dribble
Regional Restaurants: Feel like having drinks and meals with other rooting for your team while in New Orleans? Here are four restaurants opening their doors to fans for the four teams playing in the finals:
- Ohio State Restaurant: Poppy’s Time Out Sports Bar & Grill Spanish Plaza, New Orleans, La. 70130
- Kansas Restaurant: The Crazy Lobster Bar & Grill Spanish Plaza, New Orleans, La. 70130
- Kentucky Restaurant: Huck Finn’s Café 135 Decatur St., New Orleans, La. 70130
- Louisville Restaurant: Lucy’s Retired Surfers Bar & Restaurant 701 Tchoupitoulas St., New Orleans, La. 70130
The Games: Then for the main attraction. The Final Four Games will be played Saturday, March 31, 2012 and Monday, April 2, 2012 at New Orlean’s Superdome:
- Saturday, March 31, 2012: University of Kentucky vs. Louisville at 6:09 p.m. Eastern time.
- Saturday, March 31, 2012: Ohio St. vs. Kansas at 8:49 p.m. Eastern time.
- Monday, April 2, 2012: Final Game at 9:00p.m. Eastern time.
So take in a little New Orleans flavor this year at the Final Four. Good luck to your favorite team and may the odds be ever in your favor!