Have a hankering for organic or local food? Then come to Irv and Shelley’s Fresh Picks FREE Open House at 5625 W. Howard St. in Niles on Sunday, April 1st, 2012 from 4pm to 7pm. This is a great opportunity to meet local farmers, learn more about locally-grown foods and even taste some of the goods! Please RSVP to email@example.com.
- Visitors will get a chance to mingle with Fresh Picks founders, Irv and Shelley and tour the warehouse.
- Meet local farmers such as Springdale Farm, Hillside Orchards, River Valley Ranch, and more!
- Taste locally-grown culinary bites prepared by great local chefs from River Valley Kitchens, Bleeding Heart Bakery, MANA Food Bar and more!
- Sample local beer and wines from Half Acre Beer Company and Midwest Wine Selections
- Win prizes in the raffle featuring gift certificates for local restaurants, businesses and Fresh Picks.
- Bring the family and enjoy free music and kids’ activities!
Irv and Shelley opened Fresh Picks over five years ago out of a love for healthy foods and a desire to help local, independent farmers get out their locally-grown, organic produce out to Chicagoland. Pairing their expertise in community development and non-profits, Irv and Shelly then partnered with local farmers to set up a local and organic food delivery service.
Fresh Picks partners with over 70 sustainable farms from Illinois, Wisconsin and Indiana. For foods that aren’t grown locally, such as bananas or avocados, Fresh Picks sources these foods from their certified organic partners in other regions. Fresh Picks’ Fresh Picks Boxes provide an affordable way to add more locally-grown foods into your diet.
For more information and directions, head over FreshPicks.com.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.