– Parrot Safari Seminar April 21 2012 to feature Linda Rubin; avian educator, bird show judge and author of two best selling books. Also on hand Concetta Ferragamo; northeast regional coordinator for American Federation for Aviculture; Grand Champion trainer Pat Tucker plus this examiner/”Pet Gazette” correspondent. Parrot Safari, located three minutes off 93 in Londonderry, NH is well worth the trip any day for parrot fans.
– This Parrot Paints for Conservation with a little help from Barbara Heidenreich. Less than 300 blue throated macaws exist in the wild so Blu Lu picks up a paint brush to help. Ms. Heidenreich, btw; appears 3/31 at a Parrot Behavior seminar at Cornell Animal Hospital in Ithaca, NY. (lunch included). http://www.vet.cornell.edu/events/documents/parrotworkshop_web.pdfwww.vet.cornell.edu Tip o’ the Goffin’s cockatoo crest to Concetta Ferragamo. ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW AD.
– Mass. Cockatoo Mystery: Two umbrella 2s , Petey and Suzie may be victims of “fowl” play- reportedly stolen from a Clinton, MA home in March. Petey’s repertoire includes, “Hi, Petey. I love you. Hello buddy, buddy. Here puppy.” The bonded pair may have been separated.A $1000 reward is being offered- info kept confidential- please call (631) 335-2029 or email email@example.com PETEY AN http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvhs6ucu77U
– Pets, including the birds; don’t always follow the script on the informative – and occasionally anarchic “Petkeeping with Marc Morrone” Marc Morrone – Uncooperative Pets
– “Pet Gazette” publisher Josh Cutler passes the baton (fetching stick?) to John J. Harvey; former publisher/editor for several Cape Cod publications including “Cape Cod Magazine”. Examiner George Sommers‘ monthly parrot articles will continue.
–Frankly speaking: Cursing Macaw, Odd Birds I’ve Known Meyer’s Lorikeet, Care & Nat HistoryTwo amusing blogs from the always informative Frank Indiviglio.
– 6 Macaws flying at Porcupine Ranch ; thanks to Refugio Villaloros. For more info: Avian Training and Flight Instructionwww.libertywings.com
–Conservation corner: Help the Fuertes Parrot Reserve- voting ends April 1! Please vote at the European Outdoor Conservation Association website Kea Conservation Trust video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihoOOKCyWjM&sns=fb Join my cause: Stop the trade in Wild Caught Parrots Kea Conservation Trust video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihoOOKCyWjM&sns=fb The eclectic eclectus is featured in this video forwarded by Foster Parrots‘ Marc Johnson.
-Aww, how cute videos: Birds talking together& kissing! Petey’s fish bowl bath Greencheek conure takes a bath in betta fish bowl. Andrea’s practicing for a birdie marathon Oh what a b morning Thanks to the ladies: Tina Czerwinski, Dawn Korpalski, Viki Bullock and Kathy Pierce.
– Hows tricks?: – A few cockatiel tricks Parrots Ireland.
– Bummer corner: Keeping a pet parrot may seem fun and glamorous including (guilty) some material in this column. Nevertheless. we encourage anyone thinking of getting a parrot to consider some Important Reasons Not To Become a Bird Owner – Birdswww.bellaonline.com Still not convinced? Scope out The World of Bites
– 2 bucks’ll get ya $1000 (maybe): American Federation for Aviculture is raffling off $1000 worth of Avitech products; winner to be drawn at the AFA convention banquet in Texas on 8/18.Winners need not be present for the drawing and you can get a block of 12 tickets for $20. http://afabirds.org/raffle.shtml And congrats to “AFA Watchbird” (in which this examiner has been published) for being recognized for excellence in graphics two years in a row.
– Foreign film fest: Perruche lori ultramarina (Vini ultramarina) ultramrine lorikeet
Thanks to David Longo.
– Last words: from a pair of cocky cockatoos: Baby the ultimate swearing Umbrella Cockatoo and Woman and Cockatoo argue over stuff Thanks to Dawn Korpalski.