Happy Spring Break! We are getting ready to head to Disney. I just love going there for the rides, but their attention to gluten-free food is what keeps us coming back. From snacks to sweets to meals they have you covered.
This past week’s writing was limited, but it brought news of GIG of Atlanta’s April meeting, upcoming gluten-free cooking classes at Cook’s Warehouse and a gluten-free beer and food pairing event at Cypress Street Pint & Plate.
In other gluten-free news:
- Hain Celestial – has a couple of new gluten-free products: Organic Gluten Free Sprouted Corn Flakes made with sprouted corn, brown rice and sorghum and Gluten Free Quinoa Rice & Shine® Hot Cereal with a unique combination of quinoa flakes blended with nutritious organic brown rice grits and Beef Noodle, Vegetable Quinoa and Creamy Chicken Orzo Gluten Free Cafe soups.
- Joan’s GF Great Bakes – is offering a 15% discount on their Pizzas and Calzones from now until April 10th; use code ABOUT at checkout.
- Magnolia Manor Sweets – has created dairy-free chocolate bunnies just in time for Easter. Each stands about 6″ high from foot to ears and weighs 5 ounces in solid chocolate. Each Bunny is $8.00 and it is gift packaged for safe handling. As always, there are no preservatives, no additives and our products are all natural. Please place your order by Tuesday, April 3rd as quantities are limited.
- Surf Sweets – recently had a recipe contest to launch their new 8-ounce seasonal mix of Organic Jelly Beans with six new flavors: tropical punch, lemonade, mixed berry, pineapple, tangerine and watermelon. All of the submitted recipes are free of gluten as are the new organic jelly beans. The second place winner’s entry of Jelly Bean Jubilee Cupcake was made by Peter Bronski.
- Truly Madly Freely – is a local gluten-free blog started by Christy. The blog will share “bits of my life, recipes, gluten-free product reviews and my tour of restaurants.”
- Udi’s Gluten Free – their plain bagels made it into a Consumer Reports article about the Best Bagels.
Now in weird celebrity news we have:
- Kim Kardashian – promoting the fact that she lost weight going gluten free…argh
- Miley Cyrus – asking for gluten-free snacks on Twitter and created the hash tag #gluteniscrap I have not been able to determine why she is eating gluten free. “Hey all you gluten free products out there! Please feel free to send some rad products or snacks and I will tweet my favs!”
- Alton Brown – created a humorous video on gluten: what it is, where it is, what to do about it.