Starbucks is the place to frequent for your daily cup of jo, whether it be a coffee, an espresso or a chocolate beverage. Starbucks also offers delicious bakery treats such as a slice of banana-nut bread, great as a breakfast or snack as well as lunchables which include sandwiches or wraps. The nutritious value of their drink and food items vary but Starbucks does their best to provide you with a variety of choices.
Why not try preparing my banana-nut bread recipe, it taste great toasted with butter or serve with a great meal.
Things You’ll Need:
- 1 ½ cups ripe bananas (3 medium)
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts
- wooden spoon
- large mixing bowl
- measuring cup
- electric mixer
- loaf pan
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl add flour, bananas, baking powder, salt, baking soda, milk, and vanilla extract with electric mixer, thoroughly beat at a medium speed until well blended.
- Then add butter, and sugar and use mixer to beat at a medium speed until well blended. Add in eggs one at a time, mixing at a lower speed.
- Add the variation(s) of your choice, such as chopped walnuts, almonds or pecans and fold into the batter.
- Pour batter into a prepared greased and flour loaf pan.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until butter knife inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, and then remove and let banana-nut bread completely cool on wire rack.
Recipe makes about 16 slices of delicious banana-nut bread.