For those hot and steamy days in Tampa Bay, soup and a salad may be the perfect choice for lunch or dinner. The Olive Garden offers a delicious combination of homemade soup, a garden-fresh salad and warm garlic breadsticks with unlimited refills for lunch.
Here is one of my favorite soup recipes, it reminds me of egg drop soup. Kids will really like it.
Things You’ll Need:
- 1 cup (approximately) italian style bread crumbs
- 3 large eggs (Eggland’s)
- 1 cup water (to dilute) optional
- 32 ounces Swanson chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- medium-sized mixing bowl
- medium-sized sauce pan
- wooden spoon
- In a mixing bowl blend 1 cup bread crumbs and 3 eggs together. When mixing the egg and bread crumbs together it is best to have a soft consistency, but not watery.
- Then in a medium-sized sauce pan heat the 32 ounces of chicken broth on a medium heat. Once the chicken broth is almost about to boil, add the egg and bread crumbs mixture with a fork crumbling it as you add it to the broth.
- Once the egg and bread crumbs mixture is added. Add the water if you like (usually add the water because the Swanson broth tends to be too salty). Stir and simmer until the mixture is cooked, about 10 – 15 minutes.
Cooked chicken cubes can be added to soup.
How to prepare an Italian salad