Makeup Artists tend to have an impressive collection of beauty products and because of that, we’ve tried just about everything out there and know what works and what doesn’t.
Here are 10 of my favorites that I personally use on myself as well as clients.
1. Model in a Bottle: If beauty products were super hero’s then this product would definitely be Superman. When you use this over your makeup it’s not going anywhere until you take it off! Unlike Superman though, this setting spray has no kryptonite, it’s perfect and keeps your makeup perfect, morning, afternoon and into the evening with no touch ups required! Seriously.
2. Milani Liquif’Eye pencils: These pencils are like butter going on and last all day and night. Clearly the only eyeliner you will ever need.
3. Derma e Hyaluronic & Pycnogenol Eye Creme: Hyaluronic acid is where it’s at in the moisture and plumping department. Then, add an unbelievably potent antioxidant, even stronger than Vitamin E and you’ve got yourself a clear winner!
4. Moroccan Lava Clay (Ghassoul Clay): If there ever was a perfect clay, it would be this one. It literally sucks the toxins and debris of the day right out of the pores and leaves your skin incredibly smooth and as an added bonus, lightens and brightens the skin. Mix with rosewater to make a paste and put on your face, leave to dry and then remove.
5. Corey Cosmetics Mica Free Mineral Foundation: All natural, mica and bismuth free, this foundation is made to order by Corey herself. It’s beautiful on the skin and gives you a natural glow that lasts all day. The BEST mineral foundation, hands down.
6.Crystal deodorant: The ABSOLUTE best all natural deodorant. Comes in a roll on or stick. You will NOT have odor using this. It’s amazing, it will last all day. No other all natural or chemical deodorant can do what Crystal does. For under $3 this is a no brainer.
7. Paul Mitchell’s Freeze N Shine: This is pretty much an old school product, but nonetheless is virtually unstoppable compared to any other product in its class. Works great on taming naturally curly hair when applied to wet hair, scrunched and left to dry naturally.
8. Blum Naturals Daily Cleanser and Makeup Remover Towelettes: Removing your makeup prior to actually cleansing it, is a very important step in making sure your face is clear of the grime from the day. Even better, using an natural cleansing towelette like Blum Naturals. Simply clean, simply natural.
9. BH Cosmetics Duo Fiber Stippling Brush: Once you start stippling your foundation on and see how beautifully natural it looks, you’ll wonder why you haven’t been stippling right along. BH Cosmetics has a great stippling brush at a great price (under $6). At this price, stocking up makes so much sense!
10. L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes mascara: Makes your lashes thick without that clumpy look.
Until next time……………..stay beautiful. Need a Makeup Artist? Contact National Makeup Artist, Dani Page for all your makeup needs: Brides, special events, print and film.