The week that has been eagerly awaited by beer lovers all over the First Coast is almost here; Jacksonville Beer Week! Events keep getting added on a daily basis. If you cannot find a beer-centric event that appeals to you next week, you really are not trying very hard!
Here is the list as of today.
Monday, April 2nd
- Local beer night @ Kickbacks Gastropub (happy hour all day on local beer! 5 beers from Intuition Ale + 5 beers from Bold City + 5 beers from Green Room on tap plus visits from brewery representatives)
- $4 pints of local and coffee-inspired brews all week @ Bold Bean Coffee
Tuesday, April 3rd
- Florida beer week @ Intuition Ale Works (Florida guest beers on tap through Saturday)
- Unveiling of as-yet-unnamed Intuition Ale Works/ Mellow Mushroom collaboration brew @ Green Room Brewing
- Local beer dinner @ Pele’s Wood Fire (featuring brews from Intuition Ale, Green Room & Bold City)
- A special seasonal Maibock beer will be tapped @ Seven Bridges Grille and Brewery.
- Stone Brewing Co. night @ Brewer’s Pizza, 6:00pm. They will welcome reps from the distributors as well as Stone Brewing.
- ‘Girl’s Pint Out’ beer tasting on April 3 @ Cork & Keg in Fruit Cove! It’s a ladies-only beer tasting starting at 7pm and the $5 charge includes a variety of beer styles plus two B Nektar Meads.
Wednesday, April 4th
- Screening of Beer Wars @ Sun-Ray Cinema at 5:00pm followed by Q&A with local brewers Ben Davis of Intuition Ale Works and Eric Lumen of Green Room Brewing. Only local brews on tap at the cinema!
- Special beer/ food pairing @ Engine 15 (Oak-Aged Simcoe Imperial IPA paired with steam burger sliders and coconut rice for $10)
Thursday, April 5th
- Tapping of Amber Waves Amber Ale @ Engine 15 (all proceeds benefit St. Johns Riverkeeper – you can’t make good beer without good water, right?!)
- Local beer tasting @ Grassroots Natural Market from 4:00pm – 8:00pm (samples of Intuition Ale cans & Bold City bottles + casks from both Intuition Ale & Bold City + homebrew from Michael Payne of Aardwolf)
- Local IPA night @ Brewers Pizza (featuring IPAs from Intuition Ale Works, Bold City Brewery & Green Room Brewing plus their upcoming Landslide double IPA and an IPA soup and bread to pair with)
- Double feature movie night @ Mile Marker Brewing (screenings of “Beerfest” and “Strange Brew”)
Friday, April 6th
- Jax Beer Tap Takeover @ Engine 15 (five Engine 15 beers on tap + one Engine 15 in a Firkin + Engine 15 Old Battle Axe through the Randall! And ten beers from Intuition, Bold City & Green Room.)
- Florida beer tasting @ Green Room Brewing (25 Florida beers on tap, some breweries for the first time ever in Jax!)
- Downtown pub crawl presented by Springfield Brew Crew and sponsored by Intuition Ale Works. For more information and to purchase tickets click here. (Crawl starts at The Landing at 5:30pm and the $15 ticket includes a souvenir cup, a drink ticket good for one local beer, discounts at each venue, prize drawings at each venue, and a prize drawing for some truly awesome prizes at the final stop – including a Mug Club membership from Intuition Ale Works)
Saturday, April 7th
- Grand Tasting at Mellow Mushroom Southside (proceeds benefit Daniel Foundation). For more information and to purchase tickets click here. (Unlimited tastings of brews from Intuition Ale, Green Room, Swamp Head, Mile Marker & Bold City.)
- Shuttle provided by Jax Brew Bus between Intuition Ale Works & Mellow Mushroom. Click here to see shuttle schedule and reserve your seats today – space is limited!