For the very first time ever, Katherine Jenkins and Mark Ballas performed live on “Good Morning America.” No, they didn’t dance. On Thursday, April 26th, the “DWTS” partners performed the song “Casrrickfergus” from Katherine’s album called “The Essential Collection.” Mark quietly strummed the guitar while Katherine sang like an angel. Really, is there anything this dynamic duo can’t do? They can dance. They can sing. They make a great team.
On “GMA” this morning, Katherine Jenkins talked about her experiences on “Dancing with the Stars.” “Not in my wildest dreams did I ever think this would be happening,” she gushed about her success on the show. Her partner, Mark Ballas said that Katherine is doing very well in a season where the standard is so high.
Classical Week is on deck for next week’s episodes of “Dancing with the Stars,” which is a perfect fit for the opera singer. “For me, it’s really exciting to make it to Classical Week,” Jenkins told “GMA” viewers this morning.
Earlier today, “Good Morning America” revealed these seven things that fans might not know about Katherine Jenkins.
- She was named after her grandmother Katherine, who was also a singer in her local chapel.
- She’s highly superstitious and always has to put on her right shoe before her left.
- She used to be a tour guide on the London Eye so she knows a lot about the history of London’s monuments.
- She sang at Barbara Streisand’s birthday party.
- She nearly choked on some fake snow on a German TV show. She was rushed off stage and taken in an ambulance to hospital.
- Her favorite film is “Forest Gump.”
- She’s been to lunch with the Queen.
George Stephanopoulos asked Mark Ballas about the possibility of an all-star season. The pro dancer replied that he also heard this rumor about next season, but added that he is concentrating first and foremost on this season with Katherine Jenkins. The way things are going for Mark and Katherine, they have legitimate shot at winning the coveted mirror ball trophy. To date, they’re the couple to beat with the highest combined point total.
To catch Katherine Jenkins and Mark Ballas in action, tune in to “Dancing with the Stars” on Monday, April 30th for the kick-off of Classical Week. To vote for Katherine Jenkins, call 800-VOTE4-10 or text code 3410.
Do you want to stay in-the-know? Then sign up to get my articles personally delivered to your in-box. Just click on subscribe, and you’ll stay up-to-the-minute with your favorite TV stars and shows, including “Dancing with the Stars.”