Kentucky State Parks will be offering a Mother’s Day buffet at all 17 resort park restaurants on Sunday, May 13, 2012.
The buffet will be served from noon to 8 p.m. Menu items will include roast beef, roast pork with apple dressing, chicken and dumplings, and fried catfish with hush puppies. The usual assortment of vegetables and desserts will assure that no one leaves the table hungry. The cost of the buffet is $18.49 for adults and $8.49 for children ages 6-12; drinks are included at this price.
In addition to the special buffet, all resort parks have gift shops with unique Kentucky handcrafted items that make perfect gifts for moms. While spending money on mom makes it easy to celebrate Mother’s Day, consider also the gift of quality time and walk with her along one of the beautiful trails at a Kentucky state park.
Listed below are the resort parks in Kentucky, a few are close to Metro Louisville and all easy to map using Google Maps.
- Barren River Lake, 1149 State Park Road in Lucas, (800) 325-0057
- Blue Licks Battlefield, Highway 68 in Mt. Olivet, (800) 443-7008
- Buckhorn Lake, 4441 KY Highway 1833 in Buckhorn, (800) 325-0058
- Carter Caves, 344 Caveland Drive in Olive Hill, (800) 325-0059
- Cumberland Falls, 7351 Highway 90 near Corbin, (800) 325-0063
- Dale Hollow Lake, 6371 State Park Road in Burkesville, (800) 3252-2282
- General Butler, 1608 Highway 227 in Carrollton, (866) 462-8853
- Greenbo Lake, HC 60 Box 562 in Greenup, (800) 325-0083
- Jenny Wiley, 75 Theatre Court in Prestonsburg, (800) 325-0142
- Kenlake, 542 Kenlake Road in Hardin, (800) 325-0143
- Kentucky Dam Village, 113 Administration Drive in Gilbertsville, (800) 325-0146
- Lake Barkley, 3500 State Park Road in Cadiz (800) 325-1708
- Lake Cumberland, 5465 State Park Road near Jamestown, (800) 325-1709
- Natural Bridge, 2135 Natural Bridge Road near Slade, (800) 325-1710
- Pennyrile Forest, 20781 Pennyrile Lodge Road near Dawson Springs, (800) 325-1711
- Pine Mountain, 1050 State Park Road in Pineville, (800) 325-1712
- Rough River, 450 Lodge Road at Falls of Rough, (800) 325-1713