Sometimes it can be intimidating for women to enter into road riding.
Questions like, “Where do I ride? What do I wear? How do I ride in a large group?” crop up and often keep potential riders out of the mix.
After the success of their first Women’s Ride Day in March, Keswick Cycle and Specialized Bicycles will offer a similar ride Saturday, April 28.
Departing from Keswick’s Glenside location at 8:30am, this no-drop ride welcomes ladies and gents of all fitness levels and ability to join in a 20 mile figure 8 route that offers a bail out at mile 14. The Philadelphia Cycling Examiner attended the March ride, and can attest to its success.
“No drop” means just that–no ride will be left behind. This removes the pressure from folks new to group rides who fear they may not be able to keep up. No worries! No drop.
Before departing, ride leaders will deliver instructions about group ride etiquette. The ride is geared to those wishing to learn more about riding safely in a group.
After the ride, refreshments will be served in the shop.
What to bring:
- a road bike (save mountain bikes and cruisers for paths and trails)
- a water bottle
- a spare tube and tools to change a flat
- a friend who wants to ride the road, too!
What to wear:
- cycling-specific clothing, especially shorts, are key to comfort and enjoyment on the bike
- a helmet that fits properly
- eye protection–grit and debris can escape the road surface and land in your eye. Ouch!
What to leave behind:
- your racing license. This is a mellow ride designed to introduce riders to group rides. Save the testeria for race day.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org and check out the shop’s website for updates on additional events, including mountain bike rides.