Have you ever thought about renting a lens instead of buying one? There are many great reasons to rent a lens. Maybe you simply want to try the lens before you sink a ton of dough into it or maybe you only need a lens for a specific photo shoot; either way lens rental is a great option.
There are many good lens rental companies out there. You may even find you have a local company in the area. Though there are no rental companies within the city of Aurora, Colorado (at this time) there are a few in the Denver metro area including:
- Mike’s Camera, www.mikescamera.com
- Camren Photographic Resources, Inc., www.camren.com
- Pro Photo Rental, www.prophotorental.com
- MP&E, http://hdgear.tv/default.php
- borrowlenses.com, www.borrowlenses.com
Upon researching all the options available in the Denver metro area, I was unable to find the particular lens I needed. I decided to try LensRentals.com, a rental company outside of Colorado, which had the lens I needed in stock. LensRentals.com may be a good option for you too if you can’t find the particular lens or equipment you are looking for at one of the local companies.
The “quick and dirty” on LensRentals.com:
- Website – Very easy to use, excellent inventory of lenses, cameras, and accessories
- Shipping Options – Simple calendar for choosing your equipment arrival date and rental duration
- Damage Waiver – Available for Purchase
- Delivery Options – Equipment can be delivered to your home address or a business address
- Price – Competitive with local options
- Final Rental Price – Includes equipment rental and round trip shipping
I received my package from LensRentals.com a day earlier than it was scheduled to arrive and it arrived in excellent condition. The package included:
- Lens cover
- Instructions for returning the lens
- Return shipping label
The lens itself included a front lens cover, rear mount cover and lens cloth for cleaning the glass elements. For being a rental lens the lens was in very good condition. There were a few minor scratches on the outside of the lens body and lens cap, but nothing overly concerning, especially considering this is a rental lens. The front and rear lens glass elements were free of scratches and dirt. The lens attached to my camera snuggly and all of the test shots fired perfectly. I used the lens for a week and it produced good quality photographs.
If the need arose, I would definitely rent a lens from LensRentals.com again.