BioWare has released information about a free multiplayer DLC which will be available for download April 10th across all platforms (Xbox360, PC, and PS3).
The DLC will feature two maps which will be available to play immediately after download. As well as six characters, equipment, and three weapons which can be unlocked through Reinforcement Packs.
BioWare provides a more in depth look at what to expect;
Asari Justicar Adept
- Asari are fierce, graceful warriors. They are incredibly powerful natural biotics. The asari excel at hit-and-run tactics that ruthlessly eliminate their opponents from the battlefield.
Krogan Battlemaster Vanguard
- Krogan Vanguards are a brutish specimen. These fully mature krogan might be old and slow, but their biotic charge ability makes up for it. Their heavy shields and ability in close makes them a menace on the battlefield.
- Geth Infiltrators converge quickly on a target while remaining undetected. Their unique perception systems give Geth Infiltrators an unsurpassed understanding of the battlefield.
- Geth Engineers are elite support specialists. Their unique perception systems give Geth Engineers an unsurpassed understanding of the battlefield.
Batarian Soldier & Sentinel
- Batarians are large brawlers that use nets and spiked weapons to capture targets… or to bleed them dry on the battlefield. If an opponent gets too close, a Batarian bludgeons them with spiked armor and enforcement gauntlets.
• Firebase Condor – A warzone outpost located on one of Palaven’s moons, Firebase Condor represents a crucial asset in the defense of the Turian homeworld, providing the beleaguered turian fleet with a place to refuel and repair. Its loss could grant the Reapers unparalleled access to the Inner Council Theatre.
• Firebase Hydra – Firebase Hydra is located in an old abandoned Quarian colony which humans took over when they originally settled the world of Ontarom. It has since been converted into a massive dam facility which powers the communications hub located at Firebase Dagger and the kinetic barrier which protects it. Without this critical power source, Systems Alliance communications within the entire theatre would go dark.
• Striker Assault Rifle – Krogan rifle with explosive rounds. Its rate of fire increases when the trigger is held.
• Kishock Harpoon Gun – Deadly one-shot batarian weapon. Causes bleed-out or disruption of target.
• Geth Plasma SMG – Fully-automatic geth submachine gun. Its rate of fire increases when the trigger is held.
Hopefully this will be the first of many DLCs to be released for Mass Effect 3 and if history is any indicator of what to expect, we should be seeing a lot more from where this came from.