NIS America today officially announced that they will be bringing three Playstation 3 exclusive Japanese role-playing games to North America. The first to come out is a “dungeon crawler-style survival action RPG” developed by Nippon Ichi Software, Legasista. The second title is Mugen Souls, a role-playing game developed by Compile Heart and GCREST. Finally, The Witch and the Hundred Knights, an action role-playing game from Nippon Ichi Software, was also announced. You can check out some screens from the Japanese versions of the aforementioned titles in the slideshow to the left of this article and details from each game via the press releases below:
In a world where science has become a thing of the past, people have come to fear this ancient form of knowledge as magic spells and curses. Now a young man named Alto sets off for the mysterious Ivy Tower, which houses ancient relics of the lost art of science.
- Dungeon crawler-style action RPG: Form a team of 3 characters to explore the dungeons
- of the Ivy Tower! Characters can easily switch in and out from the frontline to the backline.
- Randomly-generated dungeons: Explore different dungeons and cash in on the loot!
- Personalities: Create your own character, from job class to unique personalities! The
- personality will greatly change the character’s fighting capabilities, so choose well!
- Customization: Customize your character fully with the character creation feature. Even
- weapons can be customized!
There exists a small galaxy in the universe containing seven worlds, shimmering in seven colors… These worlds exist and act independent of one another. This has allowed them to develop and nurture rich, unique cultures. Then one day, a decree was sent out…
“I’m gonna make everything in each of these worlds bow to me!”
– The Undisputed Goddess, Chou-Chou
- Expansive worlds to explore: Travel freely on each world to explore and find treasures and items. Monsters are roaming about, so be cautious or fight them head-on and make them your subservient peons!
- Free-roaming style battle maps: Use Combo attacks to execute spectacular moves with your allies! Destroy Crystals on the battlefield to activate Hyper mode!
- Moe Kill: Execute the Moe Kill technique to enslave enemies and turn them into items by exploiting their weaknesses!
- Customization: Create a full cast of characters! Customizable body parts, facial expressions, and job classes!
Notice: Due to the sensitive nature of some content, NIS America has decided to edit certain aspects of this title for its North American and European releases
The Witch and the Hundred Knights:
Two powerful witches have been battling one another for over a hundred years. Now, the Swamp Witch has unleashed the legendary Dark Knights, and seeks to destroy the Forest Witch once and for all!
- A hundred knights at your command: A plethora of ways to utilize your 100-man team!
- Multiple weapons: Equip up to 5 weapons to maximize your combo abilities!
- Chain attacks: The higher you build your chain, the greater damage you will unleash!
- More details coming soon!
Legasista will be released as a Playstation Network title in North America and Europe in August. Mugen Souls is slated to launch sometime in the autumn while The Witch and the Hundred Knights is coming in early 2013.