Rock Valley College currently has an opening for the Director of Development (DOD) to strengthen relationships with Foundation stakeholders including faculty, retirees, alumni, community prospects, and donors to bring resources to Rock Valley College. The DOD will lead and implement the annual giving program for the Foundation as well as special fundraising events. This indivual will integrate major capital and planned giving opportunities into the scope of work. This position is a 30 hour week part-time.
Duties and Responsibilities
Interact personally with donors, prospects, community leaders, RVC Foundation Board members, and RVC faculty, staff, retirees, and alumni, regarding fundraising initiatives of the Foundation.
- Lead the solicitation, volunteers, and planning efforts for special event fundraisers.
- Manage the annual giving progam.
- Support the Scholarship process through donor solicitation and stewardship.
- Represent the Foundation at college and community events.
- Represent the Foundation with stakeholders in the absence of the Executive Director.
- Utilize donor database and action tracking software for donor analysis, moves management, and data-driven planning decisions.
- Attend and participate in Foundation Board meetings/initiatives.
- Participate in educational seminars and workshops for professional development and to keep current with legislative changes that may affect donors/fundraising.
- Interface with RVC Marketing and Public Relations staff promoting Foundation initiatives.
- Serve as a team member in all rountine functions of the Foundation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- BS Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Fundraising experience a plus.
- Mirosoft Office fundraising preferred.
- Flexible to changes.
Rock Vallege College – 3301 N. Mulford Road – Rockford, IL 61114
Human Resources Dept.