We all love tips to make our life just a little bit more manageable. As your Dallas Household Tips Examiner I search for tips for myself and pass them along to my readers.
Hope you have enjoyed my recipe tips this week; for breakfast, Cream Cheese Pancakes, and Energy Pancakes, then for after school, Strawberry Salsa. These recipes were meant to make this week of, the dreaded, standardized testing, in Texas, a little easier and maybe make it special in a fun way. Here is one more recipe that can be used as a special after school treat.
What you’ll need:
- 4 peaches halved and pitted or 8 canned peach halves (peeled or unpeeled)
- Cinnamon to taste (optional)
- 1 cup whole-grain granola (without fruit)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees; arrange peach halves, cut side up, in 8 x 8 baking pan and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake 15 minutes, if using fresh peaches (or until they begin to soften) or bake 10 minutes, if using canned peaches. Remove from oven.
- Toss together granola, butter and brown sugar.
- Top each peach half with 2 tablespoons of granola mixture.
- Bake for 10 more minutes or until granola is toasted; remove and top each peach half with 2 tablespoons of yogurt; serve warm.
Have more ideas to make test days special? Share this article on Facebook or Pinterest and add your own comments!
Find other tips from Dallas Household Tips Examinerby going to her homepageto view most recent articles or view tips by category by clicking on one below.
Categories: Cleaning tips, Recipes, Household, Kitchen, Stains, Organizing, Laundry, Saving money, Crafts, Farmer’s Almanac best days, Homemade cleaners , Family and Health, Outdoors, and Beauty
Cindi is also the Dallas Small Farms Examiner. Categories include sheep, goats, rabbits, cattle, pigs, chickens, news, history, showing, agriculture, misc farm, weather, dogs, college, fire, and Guardians.