The rumor appears to be true.
As previously reported, Bob Dylan and his band will give a concert in Bayonne, France, on July 20. The venue is the Arènes de Bayonne, which opened in 1893. It is said to hold about seven bullfights every summer.
The event has been posted on the website of the organizing company, Prolymp. Here’s the information (Google translate):
7/20/2012 Friday, July 20
Arenas of Bayonne (Arènes de Bayonne)
Avenue of the Flowers, 64100 BAYONNE
Concert event for the first time in Bayonne
PUTTING ON SALE Wednesday, April 4
Rates and Booking
7/20/2012 Friday, July 20
9:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
According to EIBT, the concert will take place “in the capital city of Labourd”:
- Bob Dylan will be playing next July 20th in Bayonne’s bullring, the organizing company Prolymp confirmed on Thursday.
- Bob Dylan will visit the Basque city some days before the city’s five day-festival, the largest festival in France and also called the ‘big summer festival’ held between 25 and 29th July.
The new gig, however, has not yet been added on Dylan’s “Upcoming Dates” page at the time of this post. Keep in mind that Dylan’s official tour page lists “confirmed tour dates only when released by Bob Dylan’s touring company. The schedule is subject to change.”
TOUR DATES SO FAR (* Unconfirmed by Bob Dylan’s official site):
15 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – Citibank Hall
17 Brasilia, Brazil – Ginasio Nilson Nelson
19 Belo Horizonte, Brazil – Chevrolet Hall
21 Sao Paulo, Brazil – Credicard Hall
22 Sao Paulo, Brazil – Credicard Hall
24 Porto Alegre, Brazil – Pepsi On Stage
26 Buenos Aires, Argentina – Teatro Gran Rex
27 Buenos Aires, Argentina – Teatro Gran Rex
28 Buenos Aires, Argentina – Teatro Gran Rex
30 Buenos Aires, Argentina – Teatro Gran Rex
2 Santiago, Chile – Santiago, Chile
5 Heredia, Costa Rica – Palacio de los Deportes
7 Monterrey, Mexico – Auditorio Banamex
9 Guadalajara, Mexico – Telmex Auditorium
11 Mexico City, Mexico – Pepsi Center
30 Tonbridge, Kent, England – (“Hop Farm Music Festival”)
* 2 Zitadelle Spandau, Berlin, Germany
* 3 Freilichtbühne Junge Garde, Dresden, Germany
* 4 Kuntsrasen Gronau, Bonn, Germany
* 6 Schlosshof, Bad Mergentheim, Germany
8 Montreux, Switzerland (“Montreux Jazz Festival”)
13 Benicassim, Spain – (“Festival Internacional de Benicassim”)
18 Lyon, France – Ancient Theatre of Fourvière (“Les Nuits de Fourvière”)
* 20 Bayonne, France – Arènes de Bayonne
22 Carhaix, France (Festival Vielles Charrues)
* ? Cortona, Italy – Piazza Signorelli (“In Toscana – Cortona Art Festival”)
Keep up with Bob Dylan Examiner news. Just click on Subscribe above, or follow @DylanExaminer on Twitter. Thanks for your support.