Samantha Brown, well known travel expert and Travel Channel personality, was joined by a panel at Walt Disney World this week to discuss the state of the American Family Vacation.
The panel also included Leslie Ferraro Executive Vice President of Global Marketing for Disney Parks and Resorts, Dan Lazar, President of Chatter Inc., and Susan Newman, Ph.D., an author and parenting expert.
I’ve posted the full video, but if you want a quick summary, there were several clear trends that the experts have spotted:
-Vacations are all about making memories.
-Vacations offer together time for busy families where even kids are normally on the go.
-Vacations are an opportunity for family bonding.
-More multiple generation groups are traveling together.
-Even vacations that aren’t quite perfect yield some of the best memories.
Walt Disney World has been promoting the slogan “Let The Memories Begin,” which fits right into the current trends. Even parents with children too young to remember their trip are visiting Disney and other vacation spots to create memories for them, not just the kids.
Subscribe to my Examiner column to be notified when I post the video and my interview with Samantha on how the economy affects vacations. If you want to save some money and still stay at an amazing themed resort, check of my photos of the rooms at the new Art of Animation value resort.
Meanwhile, click here to check out a video of the Phineas and Ferb creators and the voice of Phineas at this week’s “Summer to Remember” event. The characters are the hosts of this big media event.
Check out my theme park ebooks, which include:
- 10 Money-Saving Tips for Your Disney World Vacation: Kindle or Nook
- 10 Disney Cruise Line Tips for Adults: Kindle or Nook
- Mickey Mouse is My Neighbor (life in Celebration, FL): Kindle or Nook
- Complete eBook Guide to SeaWorld Orlando: Kindle or Nook
- 15 Tips for Saving Money on Disney Cruise Line: Kindle or Nook
- 25 Tips for Visiting Disney World With Babies, Toddlers & Young Kids: Kindle or Nook
- eBook Guide to Legoland Florida: Kindle and Nook
- Legoland Florida for Adults: Kindle and Nook