Well here are some things you will need to know to help you get the very most out of your trip. Just walking into the Magic Kingdom is a treat! The sights, sounds, and smells. You see the Castle and you know…You have arrived. But those are the obvious delights. There are many little things that you may not know that can make your experience even more enjoyable.
- Take a stroll into the Barber Shop on Main Street. Maybe get a haircut or just snap some fun pictures with the props they have there.
- Eat at Tony’s Town Square Restaurant. It is great. Be sure to look for Lady and the Tramps paw prints in the cement out front.
- Pop in for a soda and a hot dog at Casey’s Corner. Tucked in the back are a few quiet tables, a player piano, and a big screen TV. (My family always hits Casey’s before the afternoon parade. My husband goes and gets the food while I lay out our blanket on our favorite spot. We picnic and wait for the parade.)
- Don’t run right out to the buses or parking lot when the park closes. If you are staying at a Disney resort the buses will run for up to 2 hours after the closing time. (Depending on park closing and time of year.) Walk slowly through the park to the entrance, get a treat at the bakery, sit down and rest a little and enjoy the “Kiss Goodnight” lights as they wash over the Castle.
- Pop into Tinkerbell’s Treasures and try to spot the little fairy flying around and hiding in her chest. If you are the lucky little girls who is the first in the store in the morning, you will get to wake Tink up.
- On Tom Sawyer Island, if you find a paintbrush or can, take it to a cast member for a special prize. (Generally a Fastpass)
- The best part about Adventureland to me is The Dole Pineapple Whips. Dole Pineapple, Pineapple juice, and Pineapple ice cream blended into a smoothie. Yum!
- If you are at Disney between Thanksgiving and New Year’s don’t miss the light display at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights has over 10 million lights located on the back lot area at DHS.
- If you are waiting to see a character and the line is so long it takes up valuable time, then skip it, and come back later. If you just have to find that one special character, ask a Disney Cast Member for if they know where the character may be appearing. Sometimes they can get on a walkie-talkie and pinpoint a location for you.
- If you do wait, have your camera, video camera, autograph book and pen ready. The characters will spend a little more time with you if you have an autograph book.
- Get a Character Meal. This is a way to insure some real one-on-one time with a character.
- Visit Disney’s Polynesian Resort in the evening, stroll out to the beach area, grab a lounge chair, hammock or swing and watch the Wishes fireworks over the Magic Kingdom.
These are just a few little tips to make your Walt Disney World vacation extra special. But there are many more! I’ve done the reasearch, complied the tips and information, and would love to work with you on planning your next Disney adventure. Contact me today!
You can also find great tips on my Magical Memories Travel Facebook page. If you have a Facebook account, visit and “LIKE” the page to stay up-to-date on great tips, infomation and Disney discounts. Or visit the Magical Memories Travel website. Be sure to tell them Robin sent you!