While there are still dates that have yet to be announced, the Summerfest 2012 lineup has been slowly filling up, providing Milwaukee residents and visitors many great options. No matter which style of music you prefer, you are bound to find something to fit your tastes at this music festival. Many of the big names will play on the Marcus Amphitheater stage, but there is plenty of great music on the smaller stages throughout the day and evening as well.
If you aren’t interested in spending the extra money to see one of the big shows on the big stage, you can still enjoy some really great bands. You may think that only small, unknown local bands play on the numerous stages throughout the grounds without paying extra, but this isn’t the case. There are actually some bigger names that will perform on these stages as well so be sure to check the schedule. Some of the big names performing on the free stages include Chicago, ZZ Top, Rodney Atkins, The BoDeans and the B-52s.
Now, if you are interested in seeing a band play on the big stage, it is important to act quickly. All of the shows released already have tickets on sale, though none of them are sold out yet. The cost of tickets will vary depending on the artist. The current schedule is as follows:
- June 27, 2012 – Rascal Flatts with Little Big Town, Eli Young Band and Edens Edge
- June 30, 2012 – Lady Antebellum with Darius Rucker and Thompson Square
- July 1, 2012 – The Beach Boys
- July 3, 2012 – Tiesto with Steve Aoki, Zedd, R3hab, Tommy Trash and Pierce Fulton
- July 4, 2012 – Iron Maiden with Alice Cooper
- July 5, 2012 – Zac Brown Band
- July 6, 2012 – Big Time Rush with Cody Simpson and Rachel Crow
- July 7, 2012 – Aerosmith with Cheap Trick
- July 8, 2012 – Neil Diamond
Only two dates, June 28 and 29 remain open for acts.
This year’s Summerfest is filled with great acts, both on the smaller free stages and on the Marcus Amphitheater stage. Tickets are available through Summerfest or Ticketmaster outlets. If you buy tickets to one of the shows on the big stage, your admission to Summerfest for that day is included. If you are interested in any of these shows, act fast so you don’t miss out!