Coming up the weekend of March 31 – April 1 is the very popular Pinot Paradise event giving Pinot Noir lovers the opportunity to sample the magic of Pinot Noir from Santa Cruz Mountains. Pinot Noirs from the Santa Cruz Mountains represent the diversity of micro-climates and dramatic mountain terrain that define the region. The marine influence and distinctive soils create intensely concentrated fruit that yields some of the most complex and age-worthy Pinot Noir in the world.
Pinot Paradise includes several events celebrating this popular varietal.
- Saturday, March 31, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Pathway to Pinot Paradise, a self-guided tour of the region’s Pinot-producing wineries. Barrel tasting, library wines, and special offerings by participating wineries will be available. Visitors can enjoy exploring the incredible mountain terrain and coastal roads as they discover the delightful world of the Santa Cruz Mountains. Tickets are $25. Click here for a map to the Pathway to Pinot Paradise map.
- Sunday, April 1, 9:00 – noon – Santa Cruz Mountains winegrowers invite Pinot lovers to take “The Flavor Journey – From the Vineyard to the Bottle”‘, a seminar depicting the various flavor components of the elusive exalted Pinot Noir grape. “Please join us for this fascinating and mysterious journey, from the birth of flavor in the vineyard to the legendary Pinot Noir wines we all revere,” invited Prudy Foxx, chair of the Technical
Session. Tickets are $55.
- Sunday, April 1, 2:00 to 5:00 p.m. – the Grand Cruz Tasting at Villa Ragusa in Old Town Campbell will showcase over 80 Pinot Noirs paired with gourmet hors d’oeuvres from some of the region’s best restaurants. Tickets are $55 in advance, $65 at the door.
- Paradise V.I.P. Packages will offer a guided “tour”in a small group format at Villa Ragusa during a private pre-event tasting at 1:00 p.m. followed by the Grand Cruz Tasting. Participants will learn in detail about the Santa Cruz Mountains and the distinct flavor profiles of each sub-region as they taste and discuss with winemakers and/or representatives from the wineries. Cost is $75.00 and includes the Grand Cruz tasting.
For more information:
- Santa Cruz Mountains Winegrowers Association and Tickets