Thursday night was full of death and darkness on The CW’s Vampire Diaries as Arizona fans watched one of the original vampires die, a witch destroy the curse, and Damon get bled dry of Verbane. It seems now that all the loose ends are getting tied up the story is becoming more intense and interesting. If you missed this week’s episode here are a few things that happened to bring with you into next week’s all new episode.
- Klaus used Jeremy to blackmail Bonnie into breaking Esther’s spell. The spell that connected all of the original siblings; ‘what happens to one happens to all’.
- Unfortunately the spell worked just in time to save the other siblings. Or fortunately depending on how you look at the situation. Stefan killed Finn; in doing so he also killed his blood line. Sage fell to her death as she was in the middle of extracting her revenge on Stefan for killing her ‘true love’ Finn in front of her.
- Rebekah sought out revenge on Damon for messing with her emotions by chaining him up and draining him dry. In doing so she removed the Verbane from his body, making him susceptible to Klaus’ ability to compel other vampires.
- Stefan realized his search for revenge has pulled him away from the most important things in his life, but he is afraid he realized this too late because he suspects Elena has feelings for Damon.
- Damon convinces Aleric to wear the ring again, the same ring that made him go crazy and kill multiple council members over the last few episodes. They believed his alter ego was gone thanks to Bonnie’s herbal mixture and spell she performed last week. However, when Damon came for the white oak stake they discovered his alter ego was alive and well. That same alter ego hide the stake. The stake Damon was compelled to return to Klaus.
- Rebekah and Klaus have another sibling rivalry over the death of Finn and the Salvatore brothers. She has a decision to make; leave with brother dearest or stay.
- The biggest twist of the night was when they discovered killing all the originals will destroy all the vampire lines. Now they need to research which original bloodline the Salvatore brothers came from. Either way, if they kill Klaus they know of at least one vampire that came from his blood line; Tyler.
What did you think of this week’s episode? Where you impressed with any of the twists this week? Feel free to leave a comment below with your thoughts.
Subscribe to this column to get reviews, recaps, sneak peeks, and television news sent straight to your inbox. If you enjoyed this review please click the social media links above and to the left to share it with your friends. You can also subscribe to my page on Facebook here. You can also follow me on Twitter.
As always, thank you for reading, and have a beautiful day~
For more information on ‘The Vampire Diaries’ check out The CW’s show page here.