The 24th Annual Trolley Run, benefiting the Children’s Center for the Visually Impaired, will be held this Sunday April 29th. The run will begin at 7:30 a.m. near 75th and Wornall in the Waldo area. The four mile run begins in Waldo and runs through Brookside ending in the Plaza. Transportation from the Plaza to Waldo is available beginning at 6 a.m.
The 24th Kansas City Aids Walk will be held on Saturday at 10 a.m. at Theis Park. The three mile walk raises money and awareness to battle the disease through local organizations including Kansas City Free Health Clinic and SAVE, Inc. Registration begins at 8 a.m. and ceremonies begin an hour later.
The Aftershock Bar & Grill in Merriam will be hosting the Kansas City Rock & Comic-Con on Saturday beginning at 5 p.m. Creators, artists and writers will be on hand with vendors selling comic related items. Four bands, High Rise Robots, The Liar’s Scene, Sir Knucklehead and Strictly Alice, will be performing to entertain guests. The music begins at 6:30 p.m. with the last band taking the stage at 9 p.m.
Live theater for Friday April 27th to Sunday April 29th:
- Barn Players: 6210 Martway, Mission, “Xanadu.”
- Carlsen Center Yardley Hall: 12345 College Blvd., Overland Park, “Ricky Nelson Remembered.”
- Chestnut Fine Arts Center: 234 N. Chestnut, Olathe, “A Spoonful of Sugar.”
- Coterie Theatre: Crown Center, “James and the Giant Peach.”
- Fishtank Performance Studio: 1715 Wyandotte, “InTENsity: Ten bite size plays by Kansas City Playwrights.”
- H&R Block City Stage Theater: Union Station, “Pinocchio Commedia.” Presented by Theatre for Young America.
- Kansas City Rep at Copaken Stage: 13th and Walnut “The Little Shop of Horrors.”
- Lewis and Shirley White Theatre: 5801 W. 115th, Overland Park, “Laramie Project: Ten Years Later.”
- Metropolitan Ensemble Theatre: 3614 Main, “Pride and Prejudice.”
- Off Center Theatre: Crown Center, “Sweeney Todd.”
- Olathe Community Theatre Association: 500 E. Loula, Olathe, “Fuddy Meers.”
- Quality Hill Playhouse: 303 W. 10th, “Life is a Cabaret: The Songs of Kander and Ebb.”
- Unicorn Theatre: 3828 Main, “Time Stands Still.”
Music Friday April 27th:
- Beaumont Club: 4050 Pennsylvania, Anti-Crew, Stage N Sour, Atilla and Louiz Rip.
- Czar: 1531 Grand, 77 Jefferson, Vibenhai and Arm the Poor.
- Clarette Club: 5400 Martway, Mission, Albert Flasher.
- Davey’s Uptown Ramblers Club: 3402 Main, David Burchfield and the Great Stop, Loaded Goat and Betse Ellis.
- Kelly’s Westport Inn: Flannigan’s Right Hook.
- Lucky Brewgrille: 5401 Johnson Dr., Mission, Ron Carlson Trio.
- Mike Kelly’s Westsider: 1515 Westport Rd., Eddie Delahunt.
- RecordBar: 1020 Westport Rd., Camilla Cammille and Jason McKee, Yarn and Band Broizdz.
- Riot Room: 4048 Broadway, Antenna Up, the HipNecks and Flashbulb Fires.
Music Saturday April 28st:
- Danny’s Bar and Grill: 13350 College Blvd., Storybook Lies and Hear Kitty Kitty.
- Davey’s Uptown Ramblers Club: 3402 Main, Chad Elliott and Bonita Crowe.
- Jazz-A Louisiana Kitchen-Midtown: 1823 W. 39th, Lonesome Hank and the Heartaches.
- Kelly’s Westport Inn: 500 Westport Rd., Lost Wax.
- Knuckleheads Saloon: 2715 Rochester, Anthony Gomes, Lil Ed and the Blues Imperials and Hadden Sayers.
- The Phoenix: 302 W. Eighth, Janet Jameson.
- RecordBar: 1020 Westport Rd., Dead Voices, Blackbird Revue, Sara Swenson and the Pearl Snaps and the John McKenna Band.
- The Riot Room: 4048 Broadway, Sicadis, Conflicts and Bleeding the Heavens.
Music Sunday April 29th:
- Californos: 4124 Pennsylvania, Nastalia Olinetchuk at noon.
- FOKL Center: 556 Central Ave., Kansas City, Ks, Baby Birds Don’t Drink Milk, Goodwillies and Scammers.
- Hamburger Mary’s: 101 Southwest Blvd., Recycled music with Brett Dietrich.
- RecordBar: 1020 Westport Rd., Black Crack Review.
- Riot Room: 4048 Broadway, Lumineers, David George and Crooked Mile.