On April 6, Walt Disney World released the celebrity lineup for “Star Wars” Weekends 2012, its annual celebration of the science fiction universe created by George Lucas.
“Star Wars” Weekends (SWW) will take place at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on four consecutive Friday – Sunday weekends between May 18, 2012 and June 10, 2012.
All four weekends are hosted by the two voice actors from the animated TV series, “Star Wars: The Clone Wars.” Ashley Eckstein (voice of Ahsoka Tano) and James Arnold Taylor (voice of Obi-Wan Kenobi), who served as celebrity hosts in 2011, return for 2012. Each weekend will feature visiting a celebrity voice actor from “Clone Wars.”
See photos of “Star Wars” Weekends highlights.
‘Star Wars’ Weekends 2012 celebrity lineup
(subject to change)
Weekend I (May 18 – 20)
- Ray Park (Darth Maul, “Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace”)
- Jerome Blake (Rune Haako/Mas Amedda, “Phantom Menace”)
- Dee Bradley Baker (voice of Captain Rex and Commander Cody, “Clone Wars”)
Weekend II (May 25- 27)
- Andy Secombe (Watto, “Phantom Menace”)
- Ray Park (Darth Maul, “Phantom Menace”)
- Tom Kane (voice of Yoda, “Clone Wars”)
Weekend III (June 1 -3)
- Jake Lloyd (Anakin Skywalker, “Phantom Menace”)
- Silas Carson (Nute Gunray, “Phantom Menace”)
- Cathering Taber (voice of Padme Amidala, “Clone Wars”)
Weekend IV (June 8- 10)
- Michonne Bourriague (Aurra Sing, “Phantom Menace”)
- Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett, “Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back” and “Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi”)
- Daniel Logan (Boba Fett, “Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones”)
- Nika Futterman (voice of Asajj Ventress, “Star Wars: The Clone Wars”)
As part of its announcement for “Star Wars” Weekends 2012, Disney also announced a special theme for the last weekend of the four-week event. Calling it a “Bonus Boba,” the last weekend will emphasize the bounty hunters in the “Star Wars” universe; Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett, “Empire Strikes Back” and “Return of the Jedi”) and Daniel Logan (Boba Fett, “Attack of the Clones”) will appear during the final Friday – Sunday event.
Also returning to the 2012 “Star Wars” Weekends are several guests favorites, with activities and times also subject to change.
Hyperspace Hoopla: This out-of-this-world musical, comedy stage show will take place in from of the Sorcerer Mickey Hat on Hollywood Blvd at 8 p.m. each night of SWW.
Autograph Opportunities: Celebrities will sign autographs, at no charge, with lines again being managed with a FastPass system. These opportunities to meet with celebrities are very much in demand, and limited, so guests interested in autographs are advised to arrive early and prioritize this aspect of SWW.
Celebrity appearances, behind-the-scenes shows and park activities: As in years past, this year’s SWW will include “Star Wars” talks shows and behind-the-scenes presentations, a “Legends of the Force” parade, the Star Tours – The Adventures Continue attraction, children’s activities (including the Jedi Training Academy) and the opportunity to have photos taken with “Star Wars” characters (if not the stars who played them in the movies) while being dressed up as your favorite character.
“Star Wars” Weekends is included with Walt Disney World theme-park admission. There are separate charges for things such as merchandise and themed food.
Kungaloosh! Put on your set of ears and join me in stalking the Mouse. Read more of my Disney Travel Examiner articles or sign up for a free subscription.