Thankfully I’m not broken hearted nor having the sort of day that I want to cry. But if I were, my melancholy mood would long for the following indulgences. So go ahead and bookmark this page or keep these heartbreak staples in an emergency box so that you’ll always have them just in case the blues strike.
I’m so sorry, and I know you need to hear that. I really am sorry.
- Embrace your sadness: In an understanding fragrance. Angel Thierry Mugler perfume- is a haunting scent we can all attribute to someone.
- Draw the curtains: Light the candles. Lock the doors. Hide if you have to. (Sometimes I do that.) Molton Brown Re-charge Black Pepper Medio Candela’s amber, ginger and lily-of the-valley blend recalls strange memories in the woods. Go ahead and relight them. $49
- Go off duty: As in, see ya later. I do my chores and then check out with Lush Honey I Washed the Kids Soap- it’s a comforting blend of honey, beeswax and vanilla.
- Soak away woes: I need bubbles. Lots of bubbles. I love Vitabath Shower Gelee because my tears are worth it. I think you paid pretty big. Don’t you? Go ahead and stash a bottle. $34
- Soothe your skin: Head to toe with something rich and indulgent. Dr. Hauschka Moor Lavender Body Oil There’s something all too familiar about it.
- Cry: Go ahead. It’s OK to cry.
It will get better. I promise.